I've been tagged! A new blogger friend Edz had this to say why she tagged me. "This blog is the one that made me follow you.. very nice and different from the other valentine posts that I've read. By the way, I've tagged you. I hope u don't mind..." She was referring to Three Roses & A Baby: A Valentine's Blog Special which has now become one of the favorites of my wife and kids...(LoL...yes, they are my number 1 blog fans).
It took me days contemplating on whether or not to send the tags to other blogger friends. Truth for the delay is, aside from having a very busy week (as in losing some few pounds), I was really trying to find some good excuses not to send the tags out because I felt it was akin to sending "Chain Letters" which is taboo to a lot of fellow bloggers including myself. Nevertheless, I felt required to do it even if its bleak future is destined to be deleted and dumped in the trash bin just like the fate of the chain letters. Hope that its worst case will just end there and will not cause others to smirk and sneer (I really hope not)... Sending the tags would be fair to Edz. Another good justification will be - since I'm denied my weekend this week (I have to rush a capital proposal and submit a summary review on our Logistics Improvement Project), I decided to go for a blithe blog this time. I can do the plugging to the blog during my self-appointed break times which will be in between the mounting pressures of the rush.
Here are the Rules of Court that I need to follow in this Name Tag - What's In A Nickname? Game.
A.) List the names that you are called by and name the people who call you by these names.
1) Darling - who else would use this endearment but my beautiful "Your Honor" wifey.
2) Daddy - Kevin, Gabe, Chloe, and sometimes the Lady of the House when she's angry (sometimes also Dong when I'm about to be held in contempt in the house-court)
3) Daddy-yooo - Kevin-yoo called me this sweet-nothing when he was in elementary school.
4) Daddy Bong - Kara Mae and Nicole (my beautiful nieces)
5) Bobong (with all its prefixes Manong, Uncle, Tito, etc) - my parents, siblings, uncles and aunts, neighbors, cousins, nephews, nieces. Most of the people who call me this nick are from the side of the Abad family in Upi where I grew up till I was 16.
6) Bong (including Tito Bong) - my classmates and dorm mates at the State U; my office mates at ADB, Pure Foods, and the Aquaculture communities in Panay Island and Negros Occidental (Bacolod); nephews and nieces from my wife's side (Muga family); and children of our friends from Bacolod and Cebu.
7) Nereus - my elementary and high school classmates and teachers. Jairo would sometimes call me with this name with a distinct emphasis on the 2nd syllable.
8) Nerk - my close friends in elementary and high school (it sounded very closely to jerk or nerd...)
9) Jethro - some prof in college and law school. Most of my colleagues in offices in the Philippines would call me by this name.
10) Jet (Sir Jet) - my classmates at Law School and some of my friends and family members in Cebu and Bacolod.
11) Boss/Sir - My staff from the Philippine coast to the Red Sea Coast of Arabia; my trainees/students call me this hackneyed nick.
12) Abad - teachers at the State U and law school, my classmate at my senior year in high-school during our CAT, and here in Saudi Arabia. Nobody knows me by any other nick except this Arabic sounding name.
13) Brother, Brod, Bro - where else will you get these nicks but in the company of brotherhood, fraternities and fellowship houses.
14) Tol - my close friends in high school, my old buddies, Dimal uses this nick to call me.
15) To or Noy - that's how I was called by some people in Bacolod. It's actually a respect of the hacienda workers and household helpers.
16) Dr. - sometimes Jairo calls me by this name. It's also a name Al and I use to joke to each other(the title is conferred from some non-existent university somewhere in Recto [LoL] - to keep abreast with other "?" titles used by some other people here).
17) Engr/Mohandesh - some of our staff here at the desert would call me by this name (Saudis and other expats).
18) NJ - my online monicker. It's the initial of my first names. It's also one of the nicknames used by my son Kevin till this day. We used to call him Baby NJ when he was still in the womb.
19) Aquaforce - My radio call sign at work when mobile phones were unheard of.
20) 23 - My radio call sign used by my family.
Omigosh, 20 nicks? What else? "Kalas"(done in Arabic), I now look like a scaled milkfish or tilapia! Nothing to hide.
B) Tag ten others to do the same thing, paste the link of your entry on their guestbooks.
This is not in any particular order (LoL...sounds like finalists for the "name tag" contest huh?)
1) Dr. RJ of Chook-Minder's Quill
2) Kenji of Thoughtskoto
3) Nebz of Isla de Nebz
4) Prof. PaJay of Klasrum ni PaJay
5) 4 Beautiful Ladies of The Pink Tarha
6) JV Cabrera of X-Spot
7) Blogusvox of The Sandbox
8) Madjik of Magic Saucer
9) AJ of Josh of Arabia
10) Abou of Basta
I’m sorry to tag you and I'm sure some of you have been tagged already. For those who have been tagged and have not responded yet, take this as just a friendly reminder from a friend.
I know you will think of this as a nonsense exercise in futility but the tag is now yours. You're the "it". Sorry my friends. Anyhow, I have made this special tag for you to take - a plateful of jumbo shrimps from the desert coast by the Red Sea. I hope you don't refuse!I'll wait and see your how your nicknames will be! What I thought to be a simple blog isn't simple after all.
My Related Post (Old Blog)
What's In A Name?